Mark Thurmon is registered to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office. In addition to his law firm practice, he has had a varied career working as an engineer, serving in the United States Navy, working in-house for a private corporation, and as a Professor of Intellectual Property.
Mr. Thurmon holds an electrical engineering degree and completed nuclear engineering training and submarine training while in the United States Navy. Mr. Thurmon is currently a tenured Professor of Law at Southern University Law Center and has published extensively on Intellectual Property issues.
- Louisiana State University, B.S. in Electrical Engineering
- Duke University, J.D.
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Frequent speaker on Intellectual Property topics
- Active in the American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- Former chair - AIPLA Internet and Cyberspace Committee
- Selected by AIPLA President to Professionalism & Ethics Committee